1. I came to realize this morning that I have begun putting blogging on some sort of a pedestal – maybe comparable to a job responsibility or something. This fact came to me at 5:30am when Matt woke me up and I said “Oh, thanks… I have to get up and do Five on Friday…”
Then, I felt silly about feeling that responsibility, recognizing that this isn’t a job…
But THEN… I remembered that the more I post on my blog (photography business blog, mind you), the more Google will recommend me to its friends… in the form of people searching for newborn photographers in my area. So now I can abolish any goofiness I may feel regarding my desire to blog every. day.
2. Do you watch Friday Night Lights? I have loved it since it started. I can’t quite put my finger on why I love it but I think it may be a combination of the emotional, raw quality of the filming and the fact that it is a show Matt wants to watch with me.
At any rate, next week is the last episode. And that makes me very, very sad. If you do watch it, do you think the Lions will win State? Do you think Coach Taylor will stay in Texas? I’m so sad.
3. Guess what I’m learnin’ to do this weekend?
And last night Matt gifted me an hour and a half away from our sick-house, to go to our local yarn store so I could pick out some fun yarn to make into NEWBORN HATS! There, I met a very nice gal who helped fuel what I’m sure is to become a very useful, and addictive, hobby.
I couldn’t help but get the best for my teeny tiny clients… Baby Alpaca fur anyone?? How about some handspun Banana Silk?
4. I sure miss my 3 hour break in the day, courtesy of nap-time. The other day I had all three boys down for a nap and I wanted to sing Hallelujah!!! I put Kaden down, then read G&C a story and got them down.
I bustled around the house picking up odds and ends so that I could enjoy my Mama-time, guilt free. I opened the front door, stepped out on the the porch and breathed in the fresh-air.
I was just about to sit down to soak in the beautiful day and to read PW Cooks when Kaden woke up. He was just too snotty to sleep. So, he joined me on the front porch and climbed up and down the steps for an hour.
5. This goes without saying, I’m sure, especially to any Mama reading this post. But, it is HARD to be a sick Mama with sick Kids. I’ve narrowed it down to 3 main reasons why this is:
- They want to be carried everywhere. But, so do I. And that just doesn’t work out positively for any of us.
- It is really a challenge to get a sick baby down for a nap, when I can’t stop coughing. I can only choke and gag on the tickle in my throat for so long before I have to let loose. Kaden doesn’t appreciate that much, and just like a yawn is contagious, so is coughing. As soon as I start, he does, too.
- I lost my voice and my ears were plugged. The boys’ lost their voices and their ears were plugged. Lost voices leads to quiet talking (which I usually encourage!) but pairing that with plugged ears… equals no one can hear each other. And that leads to repeating and that leads to losing voices even more. Not to mention major frustration for all parties involved.
But, on a positive note… my stomach muscles feel like I’ve done about a thousand sit-ups, thanks to all of my coughing. Its all about finding the silver-lining…
I pray you have a HEALTHY weekend! See ya’ll on the other side (ie. Monday).