1. Almost 6 years, and 3 boys… and we just yesterday had our first “Should we go to the ER for stitches” experience. Gage hit the back of his head on the window sill and ended up with a pretty good bleeder. I still cringe at my initial reaction to his fall … “Well, bud, that’s what happens when you’re messing around on the chair.” Then I saw the blood, and immediately felt awful.
Thank goodness for my mother-in-law and her experience with crazy little boys (well, one crazy boy in particular). Gage didn’t end up needing stitches and he won’t miss the patch of hair on the back of his head, one bit.
2. We’ve had a few minutes of sunshine the past week and I was able to get out and see that Spring is on its way. I have a thing for new growth on my plants. I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling rejuvenated by the sight of God’s renewing creation.
It never ceases to amaze me.
These are two of my most loved shrubs… a “Freckles” mountain laurel…
… and a “Magic Carpet” spirea. Actually, if I could pick ONE plant to have in all of my gardens, this would be it.
3. Kaden is still content in only using the phrase “Dada” for everything wonderful. He doesn’t call me anything, but when he’s excited about something he practically hyperventilates repeating “Dada! Dada!”
And yes, he does the same thing when he hears Matt’s car pull in after work. He thinks all good things = “Dada”.
So do I.
4. In regards to my camera gear… thank you for your interest! I love that! However, my “eggs should be hatching on the 15th” so I will count them then… and keep you posted.
5. I will say, though, that I am officially NOT spending any more money on myself until my birthday (august 23rd).
Have a wonderful-on-the-verge-of-Spring weekend!
And, don’t forget Daylight Savings Time.