This week, my boys have been in Vacation Bible School and I can suddenly empathize with the challenge moms face with taking photos of their children when they are gone part of the day. It’s hard! I suppose I could blame my little photography hiatus on that, but since they’ve only been gone for 3 hours each day, for the past 2 days, I know it isn’t really that. Whatever the cause though, this break from taking photos is here and I kinda like it. Now, mind you, I’m talking going from shooting every day pretty much, to not picking up my camera for several days at a time. Not even thinking about taking it with us on our evening walks, seeing my boys sitting in pretty light and not considering grabbing my camera. So, nothing earth-shatteringly drastic, like I don’t even want to touch it … just, I guess, my mind and eyes needed a little break from photographing the every day.
My days have been full and here’s a bit of what’s been up with me.
1) Re-organizing, re-working, re-decorating our school room. School is taking over the dining room, and I’m excited to share photos when we’re done.
2) Anticipating Matt’s birthday this weekend. Ordering gifts, bugging him about what he wants to do with his special day. Getting no-where with that!
3) Driving my boys to and from VBS. 20 minutes there and 20 minutes back … I don’t think I can get used to that anytime soon. But they are loving it and I’m SO grateful for the wonderful people putting it on. ♥
4) The Workshop … Mastering Manual Exposure is up and running again, so while I may not be taking lots of photos right now, I’m sure thinking about photography a lot! This workshop continues to sell out each time it runs and our team is so happy about that. It may even start running MORE often. Awesome!
5) Working out. This has been a long time in the needing. I have been sitting too much, and not exercising enough. My body has grown tired and slow. I finally got on board with the workout videos my BF does and have now been bitten by the workout BUG. I knew that starting would be the hardest part … Who ever would have guessed working out would so immediately make me feel more energized and able to get up at 5:30am?? Crazy-talk. But it has and even though I’m just barely getting started, I really hope this drive I have for it now will stick around.
6) Cleaning and purging. When am I not doing this?!? It seems like, though, with working out comes this inability to sit still. In fact, I think writing this blog post has been my longest stretch of just sitting in one place for awhile! ;) Just kidding, but really, something about starting my day out with exercise motivates me through the rest of the day to just stay on top of things. Cleaning, organizing, getting rid of stuff, etc. Mama-likey.
7) School! Yes, it is summer, but we are still pushing through with a little bit of school work. We’re half-way through our summer-school plan and I’ll share a bit more about that soon.
8) Ordering prints. I just ordered 2 months worth of photos from ColorInc… they are having a 15 cent sale on their Express Prints through tomorrow at noon. Jump on it! Print!
I think that’s about it… there may be more, but I’m off to get ready for the day, wake the boys, and shuttle them down the hill to VBS and then spend my 3 free hours writing a blog article for Clickin Moms and painting something for the school room. I’ll leave you with a photo I took this past weekend on our trip to the Oregon Coast. I may not be taking photos everyday, but I sure took lots on this trip and I’ll hopefully be posting those tomorrow and Monday!
Thank you for visiting!! xoxo