Hello, friends … I realize it has been quite awhile since we’ve been together, and I really am sorry to have left you with such a down and out post. I wasn’t foreseeing stepping away from blogging for such a stretch of time but my mind and heart were so wrapped around life that I couldn’t quite bring myself to put my fingers to the keyboard. I also couldn’t bring myself to take any photos either, which poses an issue for a blog so centered on photographs! But with many of you sweet readers reaching out to me, sending prayers and asking how I am (and my husband asking me daily when I’d be updating the blog!) I knew I had to get my act together and just write.
So, here is some exciting news that has pretty much rocked our world: we’re 15 weeks pregnant. I have so much more to tell you about this pregnancy from the unexpected surprise, to the medical challenges, to the pregnancy-after-miscarriage aspect … and all of that is what led me to just kind of go quiet. For now I just want to say ‘hi’, tell you I’m still here and to update you a little on what else has been going on around here since … oh … Thanksgiving??
- We traveled up to Seattle to visit my family twice over the holidays and I took no photos during either trip and the visits may have been even sweeter because of it.
- Cooper and Gage have found a new love for yo-yoing. An intense love.
- I will really miss college football when it finishes up today!
- The boys performed 3 times over the holidays with their Joyful Noise Children’s choir for church, including caroling at 3 retirement homes in our town.
- We’ve had several bouts of snow and really, really freezing weather in our area which coincided well with my desire to go absolutely no-where over the past 2 months. I will never be one to say I love this type of weather, but I will always be the first to say how beautiful it can be!
- This littlest guy turned 7 on Christmas Eve. We treated the majority of the day as his day rather than as Christmas Eve so we did what he’s always wanted to do, and went out to Red Robin for lunch and his free birthday sundae. 😉 Even though he’s now 7, he still lets me kiss his cheeks whenever I want, he still climbs into my lap several times a day for snuggles, and told me I can still call him my baby. This helps me accept that he’s now seven. I may accept it, but I sure can’t believe it.
- While I’ve seemed to have lost interest in everything else, I’ve become even more obsessed with everything about food. Ironic, since eating food has been somewhat of a nightmare for the past 8 weeks. But watching Food Network, pinning yummy recipes, trying out my Instant Pot, baking too many different Christmas treats, and cooking new dinners every night so our fridge is constantly full of left-overs. The act of eating, though, is only now beginning to work again.
- Christmas filled what room was available in my mind since back before Thanksgiving. We began watching Hallmark movies all the way back before Thanksgiving, with the first one coincidentally being a woman surprising her husband and family with the news that she was unexpectedly pregnant. That was a few days before we found out, but the boys saw how sick the lady in the movie was, and compared that to how I had been feeling and told me that I must be pregnant. Little did I know. Movies, plus baking, plus a fun advent calendar, plus online shopping, plus decorating and listening constantly to Christmas music, wrapping gifts daily, and made for a full Christmas season.
- Matt and I got to spend a few days away in Sisters after Christmas and it was like walking right into our own Hallmark movie; the quaint, adorable town, visitors walking around bundled up, time spent in the local coffee shop, the lights lining every shop along the main street, and HUGE piles of snow mounded along the roads and sidewalks made for just a perfect backdrop for our time together. Thinking back on this trip during times of anxiety and stress (and I’ve been having a lot of those lately) is definitely my happy place.
- I don’t have a lot of ‘extras’ in my life, outside of being a mom and a wife, but even still, I don’t know where I stand with the few that I do. It seems logical to say that pregnancy is just changing things, but I wonder if these changes (aversions, mostly) are permanent or just for now. Time will tell, I suppose. Dipping my toes into things that I did regularly before-pregnancy has been helpful at bringing back the feeling of ‘normal’, such as starting a prenatal workout and listening to a few podcasts but for the most part we’re looking at the bare-minimum, doing the best I can with the best I have, and that’s about it.
So, our life has been shaken up a bit and we’re looking toward a lot of newness in this new year of 2017. If you’re still around, thank you for visiting with me again. And thank you for understanding if I spill out every story, emotion and thought I have about this pregnancy over the next however-long. Doing that may be just what I need to get myself moving forward.
♥ Have a wonderful Monday, friends!