Sheesh, how long has it been since I did a Five on Friday!?! I think mostly it’s been a long time since I realized it was actually Friday. Like I mentioned yesterday, the days have been just running right into each other. So, here’s a bit of an update on what’s happenin’ ’round these parts.
1) Matt started with a new company and is now working 60 hour weeks with about 2.5 hours round-trip commute … and I’m doing my best to make his time at home as fun, easy, and work-free as possible. So that instead of doing stuff like mowing the lawn, taking down the garbage and cleaning out our shed, he can do things like make and shoot sling shots with the boys, chase black bears, go for walks and relax … and car shop.
2) Car shop? Yes, because Matt was rear-ended last week and it totaled his car! He’s fine, but car shopping is never easy, but especially like this. With no time to actually car shop.
So the sales guys call me during the day, asking questions I don’t know the answers to, and I have to write down as much info as I can while a n*ked two-year-old climbs all over me trying to get the phone because he thinks I’m talking to his Dad … or Grammie … or Mimi … good times!
3) I just finished up working as a Teaching Assistant in 3 workshops over on Clickin Moms … what a great experience! Two were on Natural Light and to say the workshop content was inspirational would be an understatement. If you’re looking for a boost in your photography I highly suggest looking into the workshops at CMU.
4) I’m really trying to embrace the beauty that can be there when photographing little boys. I’ll be blogging more about this next week but here’s a shot that encourages me that this is possible.
5) Here’s a sneak peek of the most recent newborn to bless me with his presence in my studio …
You’ll be seeing many, many more images of him on Monday! Gosh, could he be any sweeter???