1. Thank you all for the birthday wishes and sweet comments left here. Between my blog and Facebook I felt like I was celebrating all day and around the world … I received my first “Happy Birthday” in French from this fabulous photographer. For those who are wondering, I had a great birthday spent with some of my most favorite people.
The only downfall was when Cooper threw up a perfectly good piece of my birthday dessert.
2. And speaking of my birthday, the only thing I told Matt that I wanted (although, he doesn’t remember this), was to have family photos taken. And it just so happens that this weekend we’re doing just that … I can’t wait to share the experience with you!
3. At 3:30 this morning while I was laying wake listening to the thunder and watching the lighting flash around in my room, I was thinking I would ask ya’ll why storms like that only happen in the middle of the night …
But now as I sit here typing this at 7am, the lighting and thunder are still rippin’, so nevermind.
4. Can I do a shameless plug?? I was pretty excited to be among some amazing photographers sharing photography tips for new photographers here and here on the Clickin’ Moms. And some of my macro work was featured there as well, for Macrolicious Monday! Such an honor!
5. Are you going to watch The Pioneer Woman on The Food Network tomorrow?? I’m so excited for her show – simply put, I love the Food Network (it is more comforting to me than comfort food) and I love PW’s recipes. Amazing things are colliding! Tomorrow she’s making her Chicken Fried Steak and potatoes. A recipe of hers I’ve made before, so I can’t wait to see her make it!
Oh, and before I let you go, here are some random shots from last week at my parents’ house, and some from the zoo. I was totally NOT rocking my camera at the Zoo, and only felt the pull to edit a few. Bummer.
I’m actually pretty fond of this next photo even with Kaden not looking at the camera … looking at it now, though, when I have it printed, I’ll remove that bamboo shoot coming from the top of his head.
Have a great weekend and please pray all 4 of my guys happily cooperate for our family photo session!