1. Kaden has just not been himself this week… which, consequently turns everything upside-down because I can’t function normally when I’m worried about one of my kids.
He was tired, SO sad, would NOT let me put him down, and had a low grade fever for several days. I was SO lost as to what he could have, especially because he hadn’t left our house for 5 days before showing these symptoms. Sad Tado, sad mama.
Until he woke up from his nap (4 hours!) with a rash covering his chest and tummy, and hives on his legs. I immediately made an appointment for him to be seen but then memories of my cousin’s little girl having something similar crept into my foggy head. I called my cousin and in all her wisdom, described the EXACT symptoms Kaden had, and told me it sounds like Roseola.
And after researching it a bit and watching the rash fade slowly, I’m pretty sure I agree and Kaden is on his way back to himself. Although, the symptoms quite parallel those of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, too. Hmm.
2. On a more positive note, I received such a flattering compliment earlier this week – a pregnant mama saw some of the photos I took of her co-worker Michelle, and contacted me saying she’d NEVER considered maternity photos until she saw these.
THAT is such an amazing thing for me to hear because I REALLY feel very passionately that every mama needs photos documenting her pregnancy. Whether by me or another photographer…
So, now she booked maternity and newborn sessions and I can’t wait!
3. Gage and Cooper finished up their 4 weeks of swimming lessons yesterday. Here are some photos from Tuesday’s class…
Waving at his brother…
Riveting, I know.
Preschool swim lessons are quite exciting… no, not really. But they loved it and I loved being back in the pool area and having a half-an-hour twice a week, to visit, watch, and relax. Money and time, well spent!
4. Maybe its all the recent changes going on in our home these past few weeks, with my business and Matt’s business, and illness, and comings and goings and pooey weather…. but I am really feeling the need to stand still for a bit and just re-focus. Prioritize and give myself a schedule. Which would absolutely include limiting my time online.
It is SO easy for me to toodle around online for way too long now that my computer is smack-dab in the middle of the house. But, I get so sucked in that I often don’t even hear my boys asking for food. Which, they ALWAYS are.
And then the day is over and I pray that the next day, I will be a better, more attentive Mom. Not a day goes by that I don’t pray for that.
5. And, Happy Easter everyone! I really REALLY hope that the Lord’s resurrection is at the center of your celebration this Sunday, and everyday.
Lately, I can barely even talk about Jesus’ sacrifice without crying. I’ve been reading to my boys about it in their Bible, and tears, every time. I’ve never before felt so deeply touched by His love and commitment as I do at this point in my life. I can’t pinpoint why, but it is having an incredibly humbling impact on my heart.
He is Risen… He is Risen indeed!!